Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

When It's All Been Said And Done

This month it has been 7 years since I had my cancer surgery. I praise the Lord that I am free of cancer...I have a check up scheduled with my endocrinologist in March and they'll do a few tests,but the biggies were done the first couple years after my surgery and they were so clean and good that it looks like I'm home free. At the time of my thyroidectomy I was really ready to meet the Lord. I told everyone that if I didn't make it, that I would be with my Jesus, so to be happy for me. Well, here I am still here, still waiting to be in His arms eventually. I'm glad to be here, and I sure hope that when it's all been said & done that I'll hear the words,"Well done my good and faithful servant." There are days I can't imagine that God is too pleased with me and I am such an ungrateful child sometimes. I'm glad He's given me some more time to clean up my act! I'll start by trying to be a better wife to Patrick. Maybe I'll make him a nice meal tomorrow night. Baby steps. The following video/song is one of my all time favorites (sung by Robin Mark). I hope you all like it too.

When it's all been said and done, There is just one thing that matters. Did I do my best to live for truth? Did I live my life for You? When it's all been said and done, All my treasures will mean nothing. Only what I've done for love's Reward, Will stand the test of time.

Lord Your mercy is so great, That You look beyond our weakness. And find purest gold in miry clay, Making sinners into saints.

I will always sing Your praise, Here on earth and ever after. For You've shown me Heaven's my True home, When it's all been said and done. You're my life when life is gone. Lord I'll live my life for You.

© 1999 Integrity's Hosanna! Music Music & Lyrics by Jim Cowan

Barocha. The Lord bless you and keep you.The Lord make His face shine upon you. And give you peace.The Lord be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face towards you. And give you peace forever. love, Cassie

13 comments:

reliv4life said...

beautiful song and video... YES, I think it starts with the small things, even my attitude - I hope I am always learning and growing to be more of what He wants me to be.
By the way, the 2nd half of your blog has a line through the words, not sure what is up with that?

Cassie said...

Hey girl,what are you doing up so late? I'm a midnight marauder...looks like you are too. I think I was probably editing my post when you came on,so it made strange lines.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

Thank you for sharing that piece of who you are with the rest of us. It amazes me the things those around me have survived through and the grateful attitudes they carry with them despite it all. I am glad that you are still here. I have enjoyed getting to know you!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Congrats, Cassie, on 'defeating' cancer!!!! I lost a brother to cancer in 1985.. He fought it for many years --and lived life to its fullest until his death. May God Bless You.
Hugs,
Betsy

Connie said...

I enjoyed the video, Cassie. Beautiful song--thanks. Excellent way to start my day with the reminder of what direction it should go. :)

Shelley said...

The music is absolutely beautiful and he has a wonderful voice. I am so happy that you are cancer free - God does so many wonderful things for us!

Jen said...

Praise God that you are still here indeed!!
You know He was telling you that you have more work to do, by keeping you around.... and I think you are doing it. :)

Blessings to the end of days to you my friend!

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is beautiful...I, for one am glad they were not ready for you upstairs yet too.
Take care and congrats on being healthy!!

Cassie said...

Danielle ~ Thx.I feel like I have many new friends. And,basically, I'm lazy and blog buddies don't require going out to lunch or (while in Phx)even getting out of bed or combing my hair!!!

Betsy ~ I'm sorry for your loss.Thank you for the blessings.

Daisy ~ The "one touch" video is thanks to your excellent instructions.Thx so much.That is such a beautiful song,I agree.

Shelley ~ You are so right! How can we not rejoice? I was introduced to the singer,Robin Mark,through the album Revival In Belfast. It is a GREAT album with lots of beautiful songs on it.

Jen ~ Thanks for the enormous blessings. You are a sweetie.

Suz ~ Thanks for the congrats.I think I was on your blog when you were on mine today.Your little girl is a cutie.

Dorothy said...

Beautiful song to remind us of whose we are and that we should be living to please Him and not ourselves. I'm happy for you that you are cancer free after all those years!!

Molly the Airedale said...

What a beautiful song and such fabulous photos! The video is just awesome! We're so glad that you're cancer free!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dawn said...

it is nice to hear such an amazing story... and a story of amazing faith as well!

Cassie said...

Dorothy ~ Hey,I'm glad you put your current picture up again.I love that one.
Maggie & Mitch ~ Glad you liked the video.You poochies are delicious!
Dawn ~ Thx for coming by & thank you for your sweet comment.