Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Work On The Cabin ~ Summer 2010

Our friend, Joated from Compass Points, posted some photos of work he's having done at his cabin at the Aerie, and it inspired me to get a few pictures posted of our summers work too. I need to take more pics, but here are ones I took between May and last month. We had all 12 posts holding up our deck replaced and properly anchored in the ground with piers calculated to bear the load this time (just 5 yrs after being built~sigh). The old posts were removed and replaced with logs by Dave Winn & Robert after Rich poured the concrete for the piers. We had a concrete patio laid outside our walkout basement by Rich Brown,BR Concrete and stucco and stonework done by Matthew and Eli of Inland Masonry and Larry who has a construction business. The place was a whirrr of activity for many weeks off and on this summer. This was all done between Patrick completely sanding down the deck and David brightening and power washing it. Then of course, Patrick and I finished up by staining the deck and hand rails and 12 log deck supports. Phew! We were busy!!
Sending blessings to all who pass this way.
love, Cassie

11 comments:

joated said...

WOW! That's a lot of work. Looks great, too.

Anonymous said...

What a huge project and everything looks absolutely wonderful!

Connie said...

It looks fantastic, Cassie! That was quite a lot of work.

Minerva said...

That's a lot of work! Looks good.

Cassie- Go to my blog on the sidebar and email me. I have a question to ask you, and I'll reply after I get your address.

Rev. Paul said...

That IS a lot of work. I'll bet it feels good to have it well on the way to completion, though.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Oh Wow---that is incredible, Cassie... I know you two are going to love it even more now... Too bad they obviously didn't build it correctly the first time... Duh!!!! Anyhow---looks like it's really anchored now--so enjoy it.. I know you will !!! I'm jealous!
Hugs,
Betsy

Dorothy said...

My, My, somebody has been busy!!!
That is a lot of work! I know you will enjoy it!

Unknown said...

That is a huge project. Amzing work

Jen said...

Boy that brings back construction memories--don't miss doing all that. But it looks wonderful and your deck will be much safer and that is a good thing.
Enjoy! hugs to you and pooches!

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is quite the undertaking Cassie.
Really looks beautiful though, I imagine this lower deck area feels like another ROOM for you all.
xoxox
Suz

The JR said...

Looks like a lot of work. Also, looks like everyone did a great job!