Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Saturday, February 7, 2009

An Easy, Tasty Snack

Yesterday morning Patrick had off work, so I made a quick and easy breakfast treat for us. It only took 4 ingredients: 2 bananas, nonfat vanilla yogurt, dry roasted pecan pieces and ground cinnamon. I wrapped each banana (still in its skin) in aluminum foil and baked them in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. They POP right out of the skins after baking! Once out of the oven I let them cool to the touch, then mashed them up in a medium bowl. Next I added a hand full of pecans, and about 16 ounces of yogurt. Then I sprinkled the top (heavily) with the cinnamon and stirred it all up. You don't need to use as much yogurt if you desire a thicker texture. I spooned it into custard cups and we had a healthy and yummy breakfast.

We both had a doctors appt. after that and all our numbers (from the blood tests) were good. I told Dr.Ungar that Pat was eating about a pound of dark chocolate a week and that Pat said Doc Ungar said it was okay. Well, Patrick is still a little high on his glucose (he is diabetic) but the doc was very pleased with how good everything was over all & said "a little" dark chocolate wasn't going to hurt him. I guess Hootie & I are both tattletales!

I hope you all have a good weekend. I'm going to start my taxes. Blessings on each of your heads. love, Cassie

14 comments:

Shelley said...

I love bananas so this would be a good breakfast treat for me! :)

Jen said...

Banana Nut Bread is the only time I eat Bananas. :P

Glad you all had good news from the doctor. I recently did all that too, just because I turned 50; and was pleasantly surprised at how good my numbers were.
I love dark chocolate too, especially with a white cream inside. ha. So it's good to hear the doctor didn't yell at Patrick.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cassie, Sounds yummy!!! George and I eat a banana EVERY day...Supposed to be really good for us. We also eat a lite yogurt at nights as a snack. We love the Yoplait lite fruit flavored yogurts. YUM!!!!

Your breakfast sounded delicious!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Busy Bee Suz said...

That sounds so delicious. I love all the ingredients.
Glad Pat did ok with the Dr. I always heard dark chocolate was good for you. YUMMO.
I love your glass ware/pottery...so pretty!

Rosemarie said...

Hi Cassie - thanks so much for the birthday wishes! It was quite a day - I just posted all about it.

I wish I could eat as healthy as you seem to - but for some reason I cannot develop a taste for it. I need to!!!

The girls love love love bananas, so I might try this with them. :)

Cassie said...

Shelley ~ Yes, and it is so good while the banana is still warm.

Jen ~ I still have your banana nut bread paper sack recipe. Haven't let any bananas around long enough to get soft though!Some day.
I tried to get him in trouble,but it backfired!(His wife is one of my best buds, so he takes Pat's side.)

Betsy ~ Fresh fruit in yogurt makes it taste so good.

Suz ~ I've never been a chocolate person myself,but he makes up for it.He is my chocolate bear! Thx, about my Polish Pottery. I collect it and love most of the crazy color combos and designs. I collect several diff. patterns and mix them up at the table. Very Polish of me!

Rosemarie ~ Glad your b-day was good. You can water(milk) the recipe down a little for your gals and put it in a blender like a smoothie.Add the nuts after blending. I'm going over to your blog now!

Molly the Airedale said...

yummmmmmmm, this looks delicious! Mom says she needs to start income tax stuff too but she's having too much fun painting in her new guestroom!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Dawn said...

mmm... sounds pretty tasty! i might just have to try that recipe!

John Poole said...

Hi Cassie,

I dropped by just to see what's going on over here. Nice blog you have! Love the dogs, especially.

As for this recipe, I will bookmark it and attempt it as soon as I get a chance. It sounds really delicious! Thanks for sharing it.

Best,
John

Cassie said...

Maggie & Mitch ~ Fun painting a room?? Send your Mama to our place. I need to get our condo repainted. Does she work for food??
ha ha.

Dawn ~ I actually got it from the gal at Trader Joe's who was handing out samples.I stood there & watched her as she walked me through it.And, of course they sold me all the ingredients!

John ~ Thx for visiting us. If you like the dogs, go see THEIR blog. It's all dog. haha. Enjoy the recipe.

Cassie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cassie, Yes---that's my George.. Contact him HERE. Tell him that I sent you!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Connie said...

Good tasting and good for you! Can't beat that! Glad you had good reports from the doctor. :)

Blessings heaped on your head in return, my dear!

Cassie said...

Betsy ~ I did go visit George's blog.He's a good photographer too.

Daisy ~ Yup! We're in that mutual admiration society!