Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Freedom Isn't Free

(This post is a day late, as the network was down.)

Today is Veteran’s Day. Just want to say thank you to all the men & women in uniform past, present and future. The mostly unsung heroes of our nation. The USA (& countless other nations!) owe you a huge debt of gratitude.

These pictures are from the ceremony held here in our little town. As I was watching the soldiers and sailor standing there, unflinching, in the pouring rain all I could think of was this is a piece of cake for them….Nothing compared to the hardships they’ve endured for us while defending our freedoms.

I had never witnessed the formal ceremony performed by the VFW for burning the old and tattered flags. It was really quite touching. Long may Old Glory wave! God bless America and our armed services.

Now go kiss a soldier, airman, sailor, marine or coastguardsman! (I’m saving my kisses for you, Patrick, so extras when I see you on Saturday.)

5 comments:

Connie said...

Very nice tribute, Cassie! God bless those who have served and their families. :)

Cassie said...

Daisy ~ Thanks.I'm afraid there are too many entitlement kids in this nation, that just don't get it. Sad.

Dorothy said...

Nice post to honor our service men and women! We tend to think freedom is free and forget the high price that they have paid.

Jen said...

Oh this was very nicely done Cassie.
Amen.

Cassie said...

Dorothy & Jen, Thanks for your nice comments.