Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Friday With Cassie & Patrick & Friends

Here I am with C2 & her 9 year old daughter M2. M1 drove them up to Mesa to the Bass Pro Shop from Tucson. And Patrick drove the dogs and me(C1) to the Bass Pro Shop and we all met up. It was so good to see them again. M2 has grown so much. We figured it's been a whole year since we last saw each other. We talk on the phone at least 2-3 times per week, so I didn't realize it was that long since we were last face to face. It was a short visit, but at least we got to connect for a bit. It was also the first time Pat & I had been to a Bass Pro Shop...and WOW!! What a cool place it is. It's similar to Cabella's, but I think even nicer. They had a real stream and a water fall(Betsy!) and of course tons of taxidermy, wild animals. In the Valley of the Sun it was like an oasis in the middle of the desert. Only thing is, they have a restaurant there, so we couldn't bring the dogs inside. The two husbands went inside while we stayed out with the dogs, then Patrick stayed out with them while we all went in. The dogs were just happy to be with us, though I think they would have loved the stuffed animals! After we left Bass we headed toward Gilbert to take the pooches to the Cosmo Dog Park. You can see videos and pics of us at the dog park on the pooches blog. It took us about 45 minutes to get there because the traffic looked like this: Here is an example of the "road work" our hard earned tax $$ pays for: When we arrived back home after the dog park there was a package waiting for me from Our Name Is Mud! There was a "dog hair" mug and bowl and also a blue dog of happiness ring holder. All so fabulous I was blown away! (More photos on the dogs blog:<) Thanks so much Lorrie!! Below is a picture of the hand ring holder I had been using;and just under that is a picture of my brand new blue dog ring holder.
Isn't he cute?? He adds needed color to my earth tone bathroom decor!
Hope you guys are all having a great weekend! May God bless you and keep you. love, Cassie

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Looks like a great day for all of you. That dog park is amazing...love the video. It is so fun for me to see dogs in the water cause my boxers are scared to death of water unless it is in their water bowl!!!
Bass pro stores scare me...they are SOOOO big. ;)
the ring holder is very cute. You should get another and have Patrick load it up with some more rings. Just my suggestion.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Cassie ---you don't mean it!!! A waterfall in the Bass Pro Shop???? WOW!!! We bought our hiking boots at one in Nashville---but our Bass Pro Shop didn't have "NO" Waterfall.. Shame on them!!!! Guess I'll have to come to Arizona!!!!

The Dog Park is incredible. I bet your babies slept all the way home!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy

Rosemarie said...

Hey, Cassie - just wanted to stop by and say HI! That traffic looked nuts - I get crazy when I am in a situation like that. At least the dog park was fun!

Me (aka Danielle) said...

What a great day for all!

I adore both ring holders!! What an ingenious idea!

Connie said...

I've been to Cabella's but have never been to Bass Pro. Sounds like a fun day. The ring holders are so cute! :D