Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Getting Closer

Time is sure flying. This month it is 2 years since my Auntie Vi died. Next month,April,is 9 years since her husband,Uncle Bill died and 14 years since my father,Leslie W. Miller,Sr. died. I miss all of them. It really seems like only yesterday when we were having conversations together. I called my father Daddy and sure do treasure the talks he & I had the last few years of his life. He was raised in the Lutheran church and after I was born again,had a lot of questions for me. His only sibling, Auntie Vi,was the same way. They both knew Jesus,but seemed very childlike in their grasp of the Bible. I bought Auntie Vi a living Bible translation and she really liked the readability. Right after I was saved I brought Dad a copy of Chuck Colson's book "Born Again". (I'd underline it, but can't figure out how to do it in this setting!) Daddy was very interested in politics so I thought it would hold his interest. Not sure if he ever read it though. All 3 folks I mention here were in Pennsylvania while I live out West. Sooooo,any witnessing was done on the telephone or on visits back east. Now,speaking of all this reminds me that time is brief on this earth and Heaven is getting closer. I really look forward to our Lord face to face! Wow! Resurrection Sunday/Easter is my favorite time of the year. What Jesus did for us is beyond my comprehension, but I am SO grateful. Praise His name. He is risen! He is risen indeed! Blessings in His glorious, holy name, Cassie

No comments: