Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Monday, March 22, 2010

A to Z Food Monday ~ The Letter I

I love icing! Just about any kind of icing. In fact, while looking through FotoSearch.com for icing pictures I was almost tempted to go into the kitchen and whip up a batch just to eat by the spoonful! (I did not.) When I was a kid I always used to say I was going to make an icing cake when I grew up and eat the whole thing myself. When I was a skinny little waif (until about 42yrs. of age) I actually did use to eat icing just plain. Those were the days my friends!!

I apologize for using stock photos 2 weeks in a row. My 83 year old Auntie was in town this weekend and Patrick and I were entertaining her. I'll post photos from our visit to the Phoenix Zoo soon. Here's hoping you all get to eat some icing from the top of a cake or from between an Oreo cookie this week! Now I'm heading over to Jen's to see what all the other A to Z-bees are up to. Come join me... just click HERE.

love, Cassie

12 comments:

Dorothy said...

Nice post, Cassie! I like icing, too! I've been known to eat the icing off and leave the cake! Anything sweet is my weakness.

Ben said...

Yeah, we still enjoy licking the bowl, spatula, beaters, whatever, after something gets iced around here!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I like icing also, Cassie... My fav is that cream cheese icing on carrot cakes or hummingbird cakes. YUM!!!!

Hope you had a good time with your Aunt. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Hugs,
Betsy

Jen said...

Happy Monday Cassie--
Icing on graham crackers-YUM!

Rev. Paul said...

I still love icing, but it no longer loves me. :^(

Connie said...

Icing on cake, cookies, doughnuts, yes! It is all good! By itself is yummy too! Fun post, Cassie! Happy Monday to you! :)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Ummmm....buttercream frosting. My fave.
You do have a sweet tooth. Or two.

So nice you have a visitor. Can't wait to see the photos!!!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I'm so glad icing is not my thing. I just started Weight Watchers yesterday for the umpteenth time and I can look at these photos and not drool!

xo
Lynn

The JR said...

Icing - good stuff!

Loui♥ said...

Yep Cassie....
Icing is yummy..
I'm one of those who will eat all the icing..
and just leave the cake, or cinnamon roll..!!
excellent post..
now for the Pics with Auntie..
gotta be fun!!
hugs!
Loui♥

John Poole said...

Stock or not, those iced desserts look positively scrummy, cousin Cass! And here I am drinking my coffee right now, with nothing to go with it...darn! :-) Hope all is well by you! ~John

Sherry said...

I've even seen fancy dog cookies with icing on them. As if an Airedale would care!