Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pulled Squash BBQ From Bryan's Black Mountain Barbecue in Cave Creek







                                                                                                                                                                                 
Several folks have asked, "What is a pulled squash barbecue sandwich?"  Well, the top photo here is the pulled squash sandwich that I had at Bryan's Black Mountain Barbecue 2 weeks ago when I went with our godson.  It is made with spaghetti squash, which isn't like normal squash, as it is in long strands very much like spaghetti.  I really have no idea how they get the pulled squash to be so delicious, but it is soaked in their signature sauce and for folks who don't eat meat, it is the best!  The BBQ sauce at Bryan's is SO yummy and they have a BBQ bar where you can get yourself a little cup of extra sauce to dip your fries in too.  HERE is a link I found online for how to barbecue spaghetti squash.  I hope this has helped clear up what the pulled squash sandwich is.  If you ever get to the Phoenix area, a ride out to Bryan's BBQ in Cave Creek is worth the drive!

10 comments:

GOOSE said...

Oh my MOM loves spaghetti squash. She uses it in all kinds of ways. But this is a new one for her and I just know that pulled squash bbq is in our future.
Blessings,
Goose

Connie said...

I've had spaghetti squash before too, but never fixed like this. Sounds yummy! :)

Kelly said...

This sounds really interesting - and delicious! I would love to have tried something like this during the eight years I was a vegetarian.

Thanks so much for coming by my blog and letting me know you'd posted this!! :)

Dina said...

Thanks for the lesson on pulled squash!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Cassie. I am sending this link to family who live in Avondale.
The restaurant looks like a fun place.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Thanks! I never thought to put it on the grill (in spite of the fact that I grill just about everything else). What a great idea! Can't wait to try it. Thanks!

Hootin Anni said...

I knew Cave Creek right away [in fact there are TWO in Arizona...the other Cave Creek is way down in the southeast near New Mexico border.

Anyway, I really appreciate the special effort you went to to help us out. I eat meat, but there are times when I want a lighter, non-heavy, meal...and this sounded just what I'd like.

The JR said...

The one time I tried spaghetti squash, it and I didn't get along together.

The Thuglets said...

Never had it..sounds very interesting!
Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Thanks for the link -- we're flexitarians" working our way toward more and more veggie meals and the pulled squash sandwich sounds wonderful. (We eat baked spag. squash often, using it instead of pasta w/ spag. sauce). Gotta' say though that the video makes that chicken sound wonderful, if I went to that restaurant ever I might have a problem sticking to the squash sndwch.