Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Patrick and Window Trappings

As you know Patrick broke his clavicle last month, so that has rendered him "useless" as far as him getting any work done around the cabin. It's not that he doesn't want to get busy with all the stuff that we need to do, it's just that he has to keep immobile to let the bones set and heal. It also still gives him pain. He does seem to be getting better with each day and the real tell-tale sign that he's improving is that he is chomping at the bit to be released from medical so he can get back to work! Thanks to all who have prayed for his improved health and have asked about him.
Now, the photos above are of my mud room window and are kind of a step by step of one of Pat's projects that I took on. It is actually the 5th mini-blind that I have installed in the past week! I also put up a curtain rod and a wall shelf. Patrick bought me my handy-dandy drill for my birthday last year and I just love it. He is my instructor for all these projects and tells me what to do step by step, so all I have to do is listen to him! Sometimes I'm sure I drive him nuts doing things in a little different way than a guy would do them, but he has been (mostly) patient with me. I'm quite pleased with the end results. Now I still have 2 more curtain rods to put up and 3 sets of tie back hooks and I should be done with the window trappings. Yippee!!
Have a great weekend and God bless all who read this.
love, Cassie

7 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

There's always such a sense of accomplishment that goes along with hanging the last curtain, tightening the last screw, etc. Enjoy!

I'm glad to hear that Patrick is getting so much better.

The window looks nice.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Glad you are getting some chores done...love that you call it all the window 'trappings'...why must you trap the window? huh??? :)
I can drill holes, but I stink at measuring. So, I would be bad at this job!
So happy Patrick is healing; poor guy. It would make me nuts to not be able to do anything!!!
Take care, Suz

Dawn said...

is it not a fabulous feeling to be able to do a "man" job?! good for you cassie! and i am glad to hear that patrick is starting to feel better. keep putting up those curtain rods so he can continue healing!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Role Reversal, huh????? I'm proud of you for learning how to do some of the things that normally Patrick would do.

You all are like George and me---a TEAM. Even if things are reversed, you two can make them work!!!! Yeah-rah!!

Glad Patrick is making good progress!!!!

Enjoy your cabin and your time together.
Hugs,
Betsy

Jen said...

Hooray for you! Pat is a good teacher; you did great! You must have had Hootie and BRD tied up somewhere to be able to get all that work done. LOL :D
Tell him to continue to R&R and let it heal. Blessings to you both.

Connie said...

Way to go, Cassie! They look great! You and Patrick make a good team. I'm so glad to hear that Patrick is healing and hope he will soon be good as new. :)

Have a great weekend!

Shelley said...

So impressive!! I've tried hanging blinds before and ended up crying in the corner! Hope Patrick continues to heal nicely!!