Canines & Bipeds That Follow My Blog:

Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving At Hawks Landing

This is John Schrom, the master of the house & me after eatting the yummy meal.
John is cutting the bird & Julia,the lady of the manse, is sitting & waiting to be served!!
Ian's pup and my old pal Mateo Schrom.
Food, glorious food!
I had Thanksgiving at John & Julia's this year as Patrick was in Phoenix celebrating with his clan. We didn't want to spend turkey/praise day apart, but I messed up his flight rez and he had to go back on Monday. It was sad being apart, but at least we were both in good company. Julia and John had 'their' boys there. David's whole family came in from Oregon and Mickey's mom and dad were also there. Mickey's mom,Nancy, prepared the meal and she taught the boys to make homemade (FROM SCRATCH) crescents. The meal was fab. Turns out that Nancy is a professional chef and renowned! Yum, yum,yum.
The pics at the top are John and Julia. The rest are a mix of shots: Marule, Hava the pup with Matteo, David's fam playing UNO, The famous chef Nancy with J&J, The lovely table that Justin set, me in my new Norwegian jacket.
There were little qq cards under each of our bread plates and we had to read them and then answer. Mine was "If you could hang a saying on the wall of every house in the world, what would it be?" Well, I was abiding by the old saying not to discuss religion, politics or sex, so I said,"I have a first choice, but I'm not going to say it (Jesus Is Lord) so I will tell you my second choice." The Abe Lincoln saying about being the best one(see the KVMC picture). Well, then when other people went, they started talking about being happy for "change" and "getting goosebumps when Barack said his acceptance speech", etc, and I was thinking....I should have told them my first choice, if they were going to be bringing politics into it it looked like I really should have brought the Lord into it!! Oh well, shoulda,woulda,coulda. I said that I must be the only Republican in the room and Julia said they loved me anyway.....well, I love you anyway too Jules!! he he.
Oh I almost forgot: Hootie and Baby were left in the cabin alone and when I got home there was a pile of feathers on the floor. It wasn't my stuffed grouse, but they somehow got my good duster down and destroyed it. They both looked guilty. Bad dogs.
I'm grateful for my friends and family and yes, dogs. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. God bless you richly. love, Cassie

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Hi Cassie,
Looks like you had a great day, and enough sense to make some pictures! I was so busy I almost forgot to make any pictures. I meant to make some of the food before we demolished it. For whatever good it does at this point in time, I'm in your political corner!

reliv4life said...

I also forgot to take any pictures!! I also agree with your political views - but we are all in this together now! Jesis IS Lord and is still in control! PTL!!! sorry you were away from your sweetie...

Jen said...

Cassie
At least you had turkey and a cook. Looks like a splendid feast!
Yep I'm with you in the political arena and I say Lord help us.
Sounds lik Baby and Hootie were looking for some turkey. ha!

Cassie said...

We ladies sure do have a lot in common, yes?!

Shelley said...

Cassie - I'm like you and always try to avoid politcs and relgion at family holidays - but someone always inevitably brings it up - ha,ha! Well it looks like you had a great time - there were a lot of chairs at that Thanksgiving table!

Cassie said...

Shelley ~ 15 hardy eatters sitting down, and Justin came after 8pm, because he was at work.

Connie said...

What a wonderful day and time to spend with family. Your Norwegian jacket is quite lovely,Cassie, and yes those dogs do have a bit of a guilty look on their faces! OOOPS! HA HA!